Home Improvement: Saving Electricity at Home Http://www.morriscountyroofers.com
1. If you have electric clothes dryer at home, avoid using it and hang your clothes outside for several minutes to dry them. Even though electric clothes dryer is an efficient appliance in drying your clothes, it consumes much electricity.
2. During summertime, you should minimize your air conditioner usage because it consumes twice as much electricity during cold weather. You should cut down costs by properly sealing your doors and windows when you use the air conditioner to make sure that the air will not go out of the room.
3. You should unplug any unused appliances because even if they are turned off, they are constantly using energy once they are still plugged. You can use power strip or extension cords with switch so it can be turned off when not in use.
4. Make sure that the appliances you used are the latest model and are energy efficient, otherwise get rid of them and buy those with are more efficient and has at least one energy star rating.
5. When you are done using your personal computer, avoid turning it to sleep mode because the power is still running and continuously using electricity, thus, make sure to shut it down or log it off.
6. Since your bathroom is one area of the house that used up lots of electricity by using showers, faucets and hair dryers, you should ensure that your turned these appliances off and pull its plug to save energy.
With these simple energy saving tips, you can reduce your electricity bills and help the environment as well. Moreover, by following the suggestions above, you will be surprised to know how much energy you conserve and how much money you can save.
Caroline N. Moon writes about home improvement and home repair.